Heater A/C control question

Allow me to introduce two bad words to those of you lucky enough not to
have experienced them before now... "auto temp" Yep.. that big stupid
servo / heater control valve assy on my 73 town&country "300 parts chaser,
tow vehicle " is giving me grief like a tomahawk on a taliban. For those
unfamiliar with it let me paint a little picture of this little black box.
It's a spaghetti - bomb with about 25 connections of vacuum lines, electrical
wires and heater hoses. Whew !

Anyway, the servo was bypassed when I got the car and I cant even get the
fan motor to blow unless I give it direct juice... the dash buttons don't do
a thing... its like they aren't even there ( yes the fuse is good )
Reading the service manual tells me that the fan motor wont operate unless
the coolant is warmed up which it cant because the servo is bypassed because
the plastic case is cracked.

Question : Anyone out there able to tell me how to bypass this thing but
fool the system into letting the blower motor come on? If not and I run a
separate switch and feed the blower motor directly will the full 12v burn the
motor out ( I think there's a resistor inline somewhere)
I know there's got to be an alternative to getting the system to
operate other than a $400 Mercedes part which seems to interchange. I don't
care about the heater working ( this is phoenix after all ) but if the system
wont operate and I can't get the A/C to work by next summer than this 440
powered SUV is gonna have to find a new home back east where it's a little
cooler.
Any and all offers of assistance from anyone remotely familiar with this
is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mike Laiserin