Re: Differential rebuild

Hello, everyone:

I am looking for a reliable rebuild shop or club member who overhauls
differentials for '64s and earlier. I picked up a 3.23 limited slip at
Carlisle for $125.00 (a 742 no less) and suspect it needs some work as there
were appreciable amounts of caked grease on the carrier, especially around
the prop shaft flange area. Any direction would be appreciated.

As an aside, I brought my brake drums and shoes to the local brake shop. No
one knew how to arc the shoes or even knew this was part of a brake
overhaul. I guess this is a dying art form.

Best regards,
Ron Kurtz
E #292

(please rest assured, the 3.23 is for my '64 Newport)