meets and who you'll meet

Hi to all,

As Henry mentionned in his e-mail to the group, those of us who attended the
Chrysler 300 Club Inc. meet in Palm Springs had a wonderful time, thanks to
all the work and efforts of Gerry and Moana Steinberg. I saw many old
friends and made some new ones. It's always refreshing to see some different
cars, that usually don't make it to our Club's events due to geographical
considerations. The love we share for our 300's is certainly as strong on
the other side of the Rockies !

Yes, the Pond collection alone would have been worth the trip... what an
amazing man Mr. Pond is - for more information , click on
http://www.avweb.com/articles/profiles/bpond/ ; it's a well written article
about Mr. Pond, his life, and his automobile and aircraft collection. An
unforgettable experience. Mr. Pond himself was there to greet us and welcome
us personally to his estate. What a trip !

Now for the "good" part :

Our group shared the Pond Estate tour with another SoCal group. They and
their cars were at the estate when we arrived. As I walked by an Imperial
convertible, my eyes happened catch the license plate frame - "Gary
Whitehead's Imperial" , it said ! Guess God works in mysterious ways... it
wasn't hard to identify and find the owner of the Imperial, and, with the
support of two of my friends, you might all be happy to know that Gary
Whitehead just found himself in a VERY uncomfortable position, as he was
confronted, publicly and extremely loudly, by yours truly. All heads (and
there were MANY) turned to see what the commotion was all about. All of a
sudden, Whitehead, who of course had no idea who I was or what I looked like
in person, found himself face to face with me in a very public setting and
surrounded by many of his peers ! I don't think he could have invented a
worse scenario in his worst nightmare.... heck, I'm in N.Y. and he's in CA -
what are the odds we'd ever come face to face anywhere, he must have figured
!

Yes, he did run and leave - rather quickly. With his tail between his legs.
When confronted, the little slimeball tried to appease me with empty
promises that he'd "look into it" and "return my lenses" and this and that -
a lot of double-talk. I don't think that I'll ever get anything back from
him, but, by God, I don't think he's about to forget what just happened to
him this past Saturday, anytime soon ! One minute he's walking around having
a grand old time ( and touching car after car - we watched him for quite a
bit before confronting him - he didn't even have the respect to keep his
hands in his pockets like every one else there) and the next... HELLO,
GARY !

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all members of this group who
have offered their help and support with regards to the above-named , and
e-mailed me back privately or thru the server. Please follow through and fax
MCG at (225) 274-9033 and let them know that no respectable Mopar magazine
should accept ads from this slimy individual.

John