beware - bad parts - dishonest person !

Hi to all,

Short Story:
Beware of West Coast Antique ; also known as SunCoast Products; both businesses owned by Gary Whitehead, from Southern California. Not only is the product sold ( reproduction lenses) extremely inferior, but the man is decidedly dishonest.

Long Story:
On December 21, 1999, ( YES , THAT'S 1999 ! ) I received a fax from West Coast Antique, signed by Gary Whitehead, advising me that he had received my two pairs of original taillight lenses ( 60 Chrysler and 61 Chrysler) in undamaged condition and would return these to me as soon as molds were made from them for reproduction purposes. Since then, I have been unable to get either pair of NOS lenses back from Mr. Whitehead. It's now 22 months later, and I've been had.

I did receive two sets of '61 reproduction taillight lenses - one set melted while on the shelf (!) and the other set is unusable due to being too thick, therefore unable to mount between bezel and housing. Garbage.

My phone calls do not get returned. My faxes do not get replied to. Yet Mr. Whitehead DOES respond to other calls and inquiries ( from different numbers) when a message is left indicating someone would like to purchase his product !

Warning - this man sells JUNK. It's not worth anything, at any price.

I would very much appreciate the membership's help as follows:

PLEASE call 1-877-893-5811 ( this is a toll-free number) and leave a message stating you have seen the ad in Mopar Collector's Guide and you're interested in purchasing some lenses. Leave your phone number. Then, when Mr. Whitehead returns your call, just ask him where John Hertog's two pairs of NOS lenses are. You can tell him you would consider ordering from him but won't do so until this situation has been resolved. Maybe if he hears the same story from enough people, he'll decide to return my stuff?

Please don't be put off by whatever story he might concoct. A couple friends of mine have already done this, and he's assured them both that he returned my lenses. IT IS A LIE .

I'd appreciate hearing back from anyone that does this, and gets a call back. Thanks for your help. I have waited and waited before putting out this e-mail, in the hope that the situation would be resolved by now. I am out about $500's worth of lenses.

John