Fuel and related

Hi Again Ray.I put my F in storage in 1981 .Saving it for a retirement
project! One of the main reasons was lack of good Fuel. Cam2 was a option at
around $2.00 a gal. But at 4M.P.G.and you were never sure you could get it
on the other end.I am currently in the planning stage of the restoration
.One consideration is I live at see levial -the shop is at 3000 ft.-the pass
over the mountain to Nevada is 8000 ft. A b/map sensor will solve the main
problem.But that means F/I .The throttle body F/I would be a way to go
but balance with two on long rams is something I don't want to even
think about.I suppose one could split the system and run it as two 4 cyl.engines
with 2 of everything (oxy.-maps-temp-knock-sensors ect.) But E.F.I sounds like a
better way to go.Sort of hate to drill the long rams for the injectors but I
have a spare set and the holes can always be plugged and tigg weleded.I prickled
the engine when I put it away so when I tear it down will go with the hard
seats.Your solution to the octane problem sounds like a winner. I knew someone
out there had tackled it.Now has anyone out there tired a NASCAR type rear end
.Full floater with discs? And what about body reinforcement at the front of the
rear spring mounts.Ive sean too many F and G with cracks at the top of the
finders by the rear window ! Torque is wonderful but it can be a problem.
Jim.

---

--- macthehammer@xxxx

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.