heater core blues

Hi everyone. My 68 300 convertible has begun raining coolant on my
passengers feet, so it's time to replace the heater core. This car has
factory a/c (no ATC), so it has the dual heater core housed together with
the a/c evaporator. According to Parts Voice, only Mitchell has NOS core
2837 419. Based on past experience, I passed. Then I tried aftermarket. I
got part numbers for ARS, Four Seasons, FEDCO, Murray, RADAC, and Northern.
But each manufacturer said sorry no longer available. So I went to my local
Mopar salvage yard (B&B, Upper Marlboro MD) and picked up the heater core
and a/c evaporator and a bunch of related parts for $35. I plan to have the
heater and evaporator cores rebuilt at a radiator shop. What experience have
any of you had with this? What advice can you give me? Thanks, Rick Ehrmann