Re: [Chrysler300] Rust, oh Rust!

Jonathan and list,

You have a couple of different approaches you can take.

One is to buy a product that is offered in several different forms including brush on and spray on versions. It changes the rust into a black inert finish that you paint over. Brand names I have seen over the years include Noverox, Endrust, Corroless, and I think I saw the spray by Rustoleum at Home Depot, not the paint but the rust conversion product.

The second way to go is to use an acid to remove the rust and etch the metal. I believe the product is oxalic acid, and it is sold buy the vendors that sell POR 15 paint, or other such vendor.

You might check with your local paint store and also this link:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/

I have had good results with both approaches. Use the one that is most appropriate to your needs and facilities.

Bob J