Re: [Chrysler300] Wheels & Tires

In a message dated 11/9/2004 11:53:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
tonight's news had a story on old tires and there is a movement on to put
"born on date" on the tires along with a "do not use date" 6 years after the
born on date. Concerns are the known deteriation of the rubber over time and
tread seperation due to the loss of adheasion of the layers.

That is all we need.  With insurance requirements being what they are imagine
if we have to change tires every 6 years or your policy is invalid.  Those of
us with more than one car will have to rethink the whole thing.  I have cars
with tires 25 years old and they are still fine with no cracks etc.  6 years
is too soon to expire a tire.  Tube tires are even less of an issue.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used