Re: [Chrysler300] Type 'F' a.t.f. oil

I have used type F a.t.f. oil in my 727 Torqueflites, some of them since
about 1981.  A couple have been strip raced and also have towed a  23'
boat, overall a lot of hard miles.  Other than replacing front seals, none
of these have been apart yet and are still shifting hard and
accurately.  Oil and filters changed regularly.

Don't know if this experience translates across to the cast iron
Torqueflites, but type F seems to work quite well in the 727s.  Shifts are
firmer than with Dexron.

Bill Huff

At 7/25/04 03:18 PM, you wrote:
>I remember hearing years ago that type F oil penetrated into clutch and
>band material more than the others causing a intended swelling .Fords
>clearances were allowed to match the thicken material. It was said that
>some used car dealers would throw type F into G.M. and Chrysler cars to
>stop them temperarely from slipping. I really want to put the right stuff
>in my C-300 Thanks J. Peabody

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used