[Chrysler300] Re: '64 K Drums

I have removed some very stubborn drums with a three leg wheel puller.  Install the puller and tighten as tight as possible with a 12" wrench ( a longer wrench will allow you to over tighten the puller and possibly distort or break something).  Apply penetrating oil and heat to the drum hub.  Allow to sit this way, sometimes for days.  A sharp rap on the end of the puller head will help.  Be careful though, apply outward pressure on the drum and use a heavy hammer with moderate force.  Overduing this can damage the bearings.
Good luck,
John Roth

> Message: 11
> Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:38:05 +0000
> From: limegreencuda@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: 64 K drums...
>
> Hi everyone,
> Having a real bad time removing the drums on my 64 K conv. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. I've tried pullers, hammers, etc.
> The service manual says to remove the "key" which I can see, but there is no
> way to get a hold of it. Let me know,.
> Thanx, Rob

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used