[Chrysler300] RE: MoPar tar top batteries

[Chrysler300] RE: MoPar tar top batteries

Roger, Pete, and others that still may have the tar top repro MoPar battery,
If you have one that has not had acid added, it should still be fine.  Keep
it stored in a dry location and put a small piece of plastic or saran wrap
under each vent cap before screwing them in, it will keep the humidity out.
Once you do activate it, you may need to put it on a slow charger for 8-16
hours, but it may not be necessary.

As far as the boil over issue, yes, that will happen if the charge voltage
gets too high.  These batteries were made with the  then standard higher
antimony plate alloy that tolerates discharging better than the low antimony
or calcium alloy plates now common on car batteries.  The down side is that
they gas more, and use more water when being charged.

Has anyone ordered the group 27, 12V Autolite repro battery from (I
think)Antique Auto Battery?  I think it is technically the most correct one
you can get now.  According to the data I have, the G came with a Willard or
an Autolite battery from the factory.  The MoPar batteries were the type
sold at the dealership parts counter.

There is also one out there that has the MoPar script molded into the case.
This is strictly an aftermarket type that was made up by the battery vendor.
I did quite a bit of research into MoPar batteries back in the early '80s
and have illustrations of every MoPar battery offered from 1950 through
1965.  It was from these illustrations that I had the battery labels made.
For those interested in purchasing a label or two, here is the deal:

$5.00 cash with an enclosed self addressed stamped envelope will get a label
delivered to you door.  Indicate what year car you will be using it on.

Bob Jasinski
331 La Questa Dr
Danville, CA 94526

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used