RE: [Chrysler300] 300L Info.?

To all:

Yes that panel does appear to be the A/C controls.  I had not seen a trunk mounted A/C unit for a mid sixties Mopar before.

I just looked in my dealer parts addendum for 1965 accessories and yes indeed, they do list a Model "R" Custom trunk mounted A/C unit.  Dealer part number 2584988.  It is listed for use on cars with a console or floor mounted gear shift.  They also show an illustration of the under dash controls.  The control panel says "COOL AIRE by AIRTEMP", with two knobs.  The photos on E-Bay look like that installation was possibly an original dealer installed unit.

Nice car, very clean and nice color.

But check out the bidding history.  It looks to me like either two idiots (with low bid history or newbies) who don't know any better are bidding against each other --- OR --- two people are shill bidding the price up for the seller to meet his reserve.  It has gone from $3600 this morning to over $7000 by this afternoon and still 3 days to go.  Looks suspicious to me.

It might be worth that to the right person, but not for me.  Now if it were also a Convertible, that might change my mind

John Mc Adams

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used