      1. Otto Rosenbusch
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Otto Rosenbusch
           From: "Don Warnaar" <300country@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Otto Rosenbusch
           From: "Johnl" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Otto Rosenbusch
           From: "Don Warnaar" <300country@xxxxxxx>
      5. Fw: past and future meets
           From: "Bob Merritt" <rcmerritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Otto Rosenbusch
           From: "Jerry" <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. 2095192
           From: <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Fw: past and future meets
           From: "Ryan Hill" <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Fwd: 1957 Chrysler 300C wanted.
           From: legbrkar@xxxxxxx
     10. Fwd: 1957 Chrysler 300C wanted.
           From: legbrkar@xxxxxxx
     11. the passing of Otto, mail cost advice please.
           From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: RE: Fw: past and future meets
           From: lfuller@xxxxxxx
     13. f- side medallions
           From: Ben Meisner <meisnerinc@xxxxxxx>
     14. 1957 300c for sale
           From: legbrkar@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:53:21 -0600
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Otto Rosenbusch

Auto World Loses Rosenbusch

Automotive history lost one of its heroes February 7 when Otto Rosenbusch died.  Otto, 75, retired in 1990 from Chrysler Corporation as Director of Special Events, where he also had charge of both the company's archives and its collection of vintage Chrysler and American Motors vehicles.

He was best known around Detroit and among auto historians, however, as the man who saved Chrysler's incomparable collection of its vintage cars, foundation of the relatively new and official Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, Mich.

The story is that, in the dark days of Chrysler before the Federal government loan guarantee that at the time saved the corporation, Otto got wind that accountants were looking for everything of value that could be sold for cash.

He craftily ­and secretly, not telling his bosses, ­ shifted the historic vehicles to an abandoned garage at the far side of the Chrysler grounds, literally on the other side of the tracks and not likely to be stumbled across by beady-eyed bean-counters.  Likewise he is credited with preventing corporate archives from being tossed. His camouflage was successful and the cars survived the dual threat of private collectors or scrap-yard crushers.

After retirement he served as a volunteer and trustee of the National Automotive History Collection at the Detroit Public Library. -Mike Davis

Brought to you by TheCarConnection.com

Message: 2