           From: c300c@xxxxxxx
      2. Starting my Hemi w/o trans on
           From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Starting my Hemi w/o trans on
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
      4. Curious tidbit...
           From: "L.Andrew Jugle" <lajugle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. '62 Steering Column
           From: "jennifer allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:27:28 EDT
   From: c300c@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tommy.

Sorry Tom, I don't know what you are saying.  All I requested was that you

put your name on your ad, so I and the rest of the club would know who was

selling the 300-F.

Gary

Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:28:19 -0700
   From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Starting my Hemi w/o trans on

I'm considering starting up the Hemi before wrestling the transmission on
the engine.  The purpose is to make sure, with the least amount of
tear-down, that all the seals hold oil(rear main and end pan seals).  My
concern is that to do this I need to install the torque converter.  How
does the converter like running without the transmission assembled to it?
Any ideas or thoughts out there?  All input is appreciated.

Zak

Message: 3
The torque converter has the ring gear on it, so there is no way to start
the engine without it bolted on. I would not however start the engine
without the trans bolted up. Not only will the converter throw out
whatever
fluid is left inside and make a mess, but the stator and driven turbine
will
be flopping around with no support, possibly causing damage to them.
300ly,
    Don
> I'm considering starting up the Hemi before wrestling the transmission
on
the engine.  The purpose is to make sure, with the least amount of
tear-down, that all the seals hold oil(rear main and end pan seals).  My
concern is that to do this I need to install the torque converter.  How
does
the converter like running without the transmission assembled to it?  Any
ideas or thoughts out there?  All input is appreciated.

> Zak

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/