      1. G Parking Brake Cable
           From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: G Parking Brake Cable
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Filament of my imagination
           From: "Frank Bakanau" <FBAKANAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Filament of my imagination
           From: "Charlie Valentine" <cross.ram@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Filament of my imagination
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. 300 C rear springs and plan to historic race
           From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Filament of my imagination
           From: "Moana & Gerry Steinberg" <mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Letter cars at RM Auctions
           From: Paul Martin <paul_martin78ca@xxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Filament of my imagination
           From: "Terry & Andree Hoeman" <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Filament of my imagination
           From: "Warren R Anderson" <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Chryslers at RM Auctions
           From: " Brian & Kathy Frank" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. RE: Chryslers at RM Auctions
           From: "Jim Pristelski" <ajp002@xxxxxxx>
     13. Re: 300 C rear springs and plan to historic race
           From: News4ge@xxxxxxx
     14. '63 Chrysler 300 Red Dash Cluster Paint Needed
           From: mplindahl@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:40:47 -0500
   From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: G Parking Brake Cable

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to reassemble the parking brake on my G. Does the spring
portion of the brake cable actually go through the tube that is attached
to the backing plate? There seems to be a rubber isolator in there that
is causing some interferance.

If the spring portion of the cable does not go through the tube, what
is the best way to hold the spring back while the actual cable is fed
through?

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

Message: 2
The spring portion of the ebrake cable indeed does go all the way through
the tube. If you have a service manual (which you really ought to have) then
check the appropriate picture (figure 3 in Group 4) .

John

> I'm trying to reassemble the parking brake on my G. Does the spring
> portion of the brake cable actually go through the tube that is attached
> to the backing plate? There seems to be a rubber isolator in there that
> is causing some interferance.
>
> If the spring portion of the cable does not go through the tube, what
> is the best way to hold the spring back while the actual cable is fed
> through?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Richard Osborne

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx