      1. Painting help needed
           From: RWestra@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Painting help needed
           From: Russ Vaughan <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Reccommended process
           From: "kandyce hansen" <hansen.rehab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Engine Painting
           From: Chuck McGill <chuxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Photos of new Coker 235/75R14 Radials
           From: Tony Rinaldi <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Photos of new Coker 235/75R14 Radials
           From: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx
      7. 1962 PARTS NEEDED
           From: "Jennifer Allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:47:57 EDT
   From: RWestra@xxxxxxx
Subject: Painting help needed

Does anyone have good information on what combinations of
paint would give good results on my 300 L?  I have had some
discussion with show car painters and it is beginning to sound
like many of the nice finishes are an Acrylic Enamel sanded
and sprayed two or three times and finished with a clear coat.
This is followed by two stage buffing I believe.
Does this present any adherence problems?  Does this result
in a better appearance than the typical base/clear finish?  What
are the advantages of the Acrylic with a hardener instead of the
base coat followed by the clear?

Any recommendations on brands of paint?

All help would be appreciated.

                                            Rolland Westra