           From: dan300f@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: broken bolts
           From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: broken bolts
           From: "ryan hill" <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Carburetor, Coke?
           From: "Karl Peterson" <longrammopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. any members near san diego?
           From: mwl1967@xxxxxxx
      6. SV: Carburetor, Coke?
           From: "Carl Westman" <carl.westman@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re:Carburetor, Coke?
           From: Herman Meiners <herman440@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:55:36 EDT
   From: dan300f@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Carburetor

Hi Rickard and members:

I called my friends at Mikuni Carburetors on this problem this morning
since
they supply carburetors for many uses, including marine, which are subject
corrosion.  Their response to me was that they recommend cleaning with a
solvent, such as MetalPrep.  This type of solvent contains a high
percentage
of phospheric acid.

Beware!!!  I at first thought about AlumiPrep but another source
recommended
NOT using AlumiPrep on cast aluminum so that shot down another idea of
mine.
I included this paragraph so one of you do not make a mistake and use it.

Another less expensive method may be to use something we consume quite
often
... Coca Cola.  It has a rather high percentage of phospheric acid also so
would not let the carb soak in it too long.  I just received a flyer from
local auto repair shop and it contained some interesting things about
coke.
It will:

1.  Dissolve a steak in 2 days.
2.  Dissolve an nail in 4 days.
3.  Clean the corrosion from battery terminals.
4.  Remove rust from chrome car bumpers.
5.  Loosen rusted bolts by applying a cloth soaked in coke for several
minutes.
6.  Clean grease from your clothes by emptying a can into the washer with
your normal detergent.
7.  Clean road haze from windshields.

So each of us can make use of coke in our 300 garages.

Good luck.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA

Message: 2