      1. strange problem on a '57 Torqueflite
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. an interesting find
           From: "Louis M. Barrie" <lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. web article
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Digest Number 130
           From: jtabo@xxxxxxx
      5. 300E trunk medallion on eBay
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: IML: strange problem on a '57 Torqueflite (2)
           From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. VIN-List???
           From: Johan Andersson <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: VIN-List???
           From: "Moon" <agmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
      9. New E-Mail Address
           From: "Val Jeffers" <valj48@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:32:53 -0600
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: strange problem on a '57 Torqueflite

My guess would be the problem is a leak in the heat exchanger in the
bottom
of the radiator.  When warmed up, there is greater pressure in the
radiator
than there is in the coolant lines and exchanger so the radiator solution
enters the exchanger but trans fluid does not enter the radiator.  The
antifreeze will strip the material off of the transmission clutches and
this
may have already occurred because of what you are seeing in the filter.

I had the above happen in the black low mileage 300C convertible that
appears in the 300 video.  In that case it was acids in the radiator and
lack of use over 18 years of storage.

Wayne
Buick 58 Roadmaster sedan

Message: 2