           From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. parts needed
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3.
           From: "Charles Griffin" <charlesgriffin@xxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 05:44:10 -0700
   From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: C-300 hard starts after 3 weeks

Sure, you install an electric just about any where between the tank and
the
engine, it's usually best to put it near the tank.The  mechanical pump
will
suck gas right through it with no problems.Hook up the power through a
switch wired to the run side of your key switch. It's best to have the
pump
wired so you can use it for just starting purposes, in case the diaphragm
should go bad in the mechanical pump, the electric pump would fill the
crank case with gasoline.

Mike, in Idaho

At 09:21 PM 10/18/01 -0400, John Peabody wrote:
>I've been thinking about a 6 volt fuel pump but I want to keep the mech.
>pump too. Can a electric pump be installed near the gas tank and only be
>used for long standing start ups? Will the mechanical pump suck fuel
>through the electric pump after the engine starts? I've read that you
>shouldn't plumb both pumps this way, but I can't remember why. Get more
>from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm